Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Karate kids and pod people

On Christmas, I promised to check in with my finished projects a week later. It took a little longer than I projected, but here they are.


The brown and peach quilt went to another mom from my girls' karate class.


The yellow and purple quilt was sent to my friend in Virginia...



And I was thrilled to fill in that spot on the map. Or I will be, once I rework the graphic.

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I would be on my friend's podcast, "How Ah We?" I recorded three episodes with the gang, and you can listen to those here, here, and here. In the first episode, they open the gifts that I brought, the red cow doll and sock money.


I must have done a good job on How Ah We, because the folks at Red Cow Entertainment didn't want to let me go. I was allowed to start my very own podcast on the network. It's called Lone Holdout, and on this show, my co-host (Tycho) and I try new things and talk about whether or not we like them.

In April-ish, there will be a Youth Hostile/Lone Holdout mashup. Youth Holdout? Lone Hostile? Something like that. I'll be making a baby quilt for Tycho's nephew, and it'll tie in to the theme of the show. Stay tuned, because I plan to create something that will excite nerds the world over.

No comments:

Post a Comment