Sunday, July 8, 2012

Another finished baby quilt, and a quick project.


I've been working on creating a reading nook in my daughter's closet. It's getting there - pictures to follow. To decorate it, I put some fabric in embroidery hoops. It was a quick project, and didn't really use up much fabric, but the result is colorful and cute.

  

I also managed to finish another baby quilt. I'm not even sure where I'm at with my quilting schedule. What is this, June's quilt? Most of the work was already done because I had lots of leftover flying geese blocks. I added the little girl's initials as well as a border made from my favorite rosy fabric.


The backing for this quilt is a soft, fuzzy green fabric that has a leaf pattern. Just like the last quilt, I sewed the two sides together instead of adding a binding. But I've found that a binding-less quilt doesn't have quite the right effect when made with a minky backing. With a cotton backing, I'm able to get the quilt to lay more flat. But now I know for next time.


And now for my favorite part - putting it in a mailing box and never seeing it again! I'll be mailing this out tomorrow.



That's nine projects from stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment